Thursday, March 31, 2022

The process

 I originally wrote the script for this project. When I was writing, I was thinking about who would play who.  Rose said she wanted to shoot, not acting, but I already had it in my mind that I would do it. I don't trust them to film since they filmed vertically once in my  absence. In other words, Rose and Luka will be  actors. Initially, I believed in my script, so I thought every thing would go well. However, after we started filming that thought left my head. They were awful actors! I had a chase scene in the script and they could barley do that right. Rose would have been chased by Luka, to have an altercation. It looked horrible every time they did it. I should have be one of the actors myself. During the rehearsal, it became clear that it wasn't going that great. I should have switch roles with one of them. But we still managed to film everything. As for the story, it progressed and the characters had to become more and more angry/aggressive. But Rose didn't seem to be able to do that and kept laughing. We had to keep redoing it. Luka was the aggressor in the film. She was better at it that Rose was. Compared to her, everyone would seem like a great actor. When the discussion started to get hot, it was more natural. I think having Luka as the aggressive one speeded up the shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection